Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to make Null PLST & PLFN

2 replies [Last post]
ATIF ALI
User offline. Last seen 14 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
aFTER LONG ABSENSE ME BACK & I HAVE SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT PLNNING DATES, which i am right now bzi with, HOW WE CAN MAKE PLST & PLFN zero so that we can add new dats, i tried on Global chnage its nt working, Kindly suggest

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
hi Atif,

PLST and PLFN are the Start and Finish Dates of an updated program.

If u want new dates to compare ur actual dates, then u can assign target program by going to Tools-> Project Utilities -> Targets and then select the program.

The target and current program shud b in same folder.

PLST and PLFN can’t be changed.

Cheers,
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline
Atif,

I no longer have P3 but these fields are Date Fields, zero is a number so either you set your global changes to a specific date or to an empty value. If you have access to the field then try setting your global changes equal to ’’ or ’’’’ , using single quotations or double quotations with no space in between, if not then try with aspace in between and see if you can hit the change you are looking for.

Also if progress is reported on several activities it might be the field is locked for editing, though not sure.

In Primavera SureTrak there is an alternate method, maybe P3 has a similar procedure:

Delete target dates

1     Choose Define, Target Dates.
2     Choose the All Activities option.

If the project layout is filtered, the activities excluded from the layout filter are unaffected. Hidden activities are also unaffected.
3     Click Clear Targets.
4     Indicate that you want to clear the target dates.

Tip

To delete target dates for selected activities, choose the Selected Activities option, then clear the target dates for those activities.

Best regard,
Rafael