Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Period Performance

6 replies [Last post]
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Good day!
I’m now learning to update progress using P3. I’ve got a question, hope somebody can help me:

When I "Store period performance", I there a way to export stored period performance data to Excel?

kind Regards.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 18 hours ago. Offline
Carlos

Is always good to hear from you.

Best regards,
Rafael
Carlos Arana
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
10-4
Thanks, everyone. Too much work. See you all later.
Rafael Davila
Mimoune

I am using SureTrak because this is what Contractors are using here; it is an issue of cost and simplicity. I would rather be using P3.

The most significant differences are:
a) Activity limit in SureTrak is 10,000 in P3 is 100,000
b) SureTrak at street prices cost 1/8 the cost of P3
c) SureTrak cannot apply automatic activity splitting as P3 can.

While SureTrak can read and write P3 files it cannot see nor manipulate all P3 fields, nor is 100% equivalent to P3 in its computations. SureTrak can do a few tricks P3 can’t do, such as filter for lag.

Best regards,
Rafael

mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rafael

just curious, what are you using now as software package !
Rafael Davila
Carlos

I no longer have P3 installed but it occurs to me that maybe you can use P3 tabular reports for this purposes.

Generate your period performance time distributed table from P3 reports and then with a copy and paste transfer the data into Excel.

Best regards,
Rafael
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 36 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
In export option you select the required fields present in store period performance and then export to excel
As such store period performance P3 to excel is unavailable