Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using Filter Command on P3 ver 3.1

2 replies [Last post]
Lorenzo Tolentino
User offline. Last seen 3 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Good day folks,

There are some projects on my P3 3.1 software that cannot be filtered and a dialogue box appears like this "PROJ environment variable too long", hence when i open the same project/s on other computers they can be filtered with no problem at all. Pls give me your idea on this...tnx

RENZ

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
To create the drive that Bijaya Bajracharya is discussing you need to go to Explorer and use the command Tools, Map Network Drive….. and create a drive with a short path.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It is likely that the folder where your project is located too many levels down in the folder structure. Eg.(g:/level1/level2/level3/your_project_folder). Actually it is not only levels of the structure but the length of the folder name. Solution- Create network drive name for your folder. Like the above path g:/level1/level2/level3/your_project_folder can be replaced by a shorter network drive of z:/