Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 & Microsoft Vista

5 replies [Last post]
Skye Mills
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
I am told that as P3.1 is a 16 bit application that it will not be certified by Primavera to work on Microsoft Vista.

Has anybody tried to run P3.1 whilst using Vista.

What happens?

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Ronald is spot on

The only value added comment i have is 2010 is "THE" date for P3 support. After that you are only your own.

Like NASA using a washing machine 8086 processor to process the spaceship Lanuch "TODAY. If you think thats a good idea then, keep P3 otherwise find an alternative.

Good Luck

Alex
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Absolutely! Primavera is still selling P3 (and SureTrack.) The sales representatives will try to steer you into buying P5, but they are also able to sell you P3 if you insist. (I need to get a job where people come to me and insist that I sell then a $4000 (US) software product!)
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It is so frustrating to know that you have had a long discussion about this topic on this forum and not be able to find where it is so that you can just reference it.

Anyway, Had Microsoft come through with their original promise to create a 64-bit operating system, then P3 would not have worked on Vista. Luckily (?) Microsoft never comes across with what they promise on the first run. In this case, the Server Version of Vista will be 64-bit but the user-version will be 32-bit (just like XP.) This means that P3 will run on your desktop, but not on any server running Vista.

Primavera has publically pledged to support P3 as long as people are willing to purchase it (a wise choice.)