Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

project saved as an image file?

10 replies [Last post]
Hemanth Kumar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
folks
how can a project can be saved as a image file in p3-v3
(for printing from computer not loaded with p3)

Replies

Hemanth Kumar
thanks for all
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Hemanth!

I agree, the quality of JPG is for screen purposes only.
For the best results I’m using third party software FinePrint.

">http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/.

It has a lot of features besides saving print jobs to JPG, TIF etc.

Andrew.
Hemanth Kumar
but
Mr Andrew-the web page option i tried before , have you checked the out put;;;Awkward
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline
Another handy option is to "Save as Web Page" under File menu in P3.
Hope it’ll useful.
Maria Ahlberg
User offline. Last seen 13 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
I have used Acrobat Distiller several years, but with newer versions -P3 has given me trouble. pdf995 is a software that is functioning without any trouble and I recommend it.
Ben Walters
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve had the best luck with Adobe Acrobat version 5.0. A one page 11x17 pdf comes out to under 30kb usually.
Acrobat version 6.0 was too buggy for me, also too much advertising in 6.0. Always asking me to upgrade or update.

Also, if you’re given a $4000 (US) software, you should also get a $300 software. I started with MS Project, then Suretrak on a $1.2B (US) project. That was fixed soon enough, but I always had Acrobat 5.0.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
follow these simple steps if you don’t have pdf or anyother xtra fittings in your computer;
from P3 application, File->Preview Picture->save, all pages will be saved as .wmf extension.

All computers will have word application, hence from word application insert->picture->from file, select the .wmf file from the location you saved before.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 3 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
If you don’t have acrobat then you can save as picture then insert that picture in power point slide and then print.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Try PDF995 which is free with nag screens for printing to .PDF files.

You can also try Alt-Print Screen to capture the desktop into the clipboard and then paste (Ctrl-V) into Paint if you want to make a .JPG.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
The best way is to print project reports to pdf format. It may be done if you have Acrobat Professional installed.
Best Regards,
Vladimir