Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Display Code description

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 12 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,

Can somebody help me to show activity code descriptions or WBS code descriptions on the activity bar?

Thanks

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 27 weeks ago. Offline
When I am required to show the Activity Code description in columns or on bars I open the project with SureTrak and there is an option in the Options, View form to show Activity Codes descriptions and not the Code Values.

There are many other good features in SureTrak and I advise anyone who has P3 that SureTrak is a great companion tool. It has additional features such as:
- Showing Constraints, Constraint Dates, Log 1-10 and Log Record in Columns
- Organize has a number of options such as organizing by Activity ID and Resource Units not available in P3
- Copy and Paste from a spreadsheet.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers
www.eh.com.au
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
As alternative, export the description and put them as a log of the activity. Then display the log against bar.