Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

progress vs completion date

2 replies [Last post]
moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Planners,

I am preparing S-Curve for construction project, let's assume the planned progress for the month is 60% and the actual progress is 55%, we are 5% behind. It is not necessary mean that the planned completion date has shifted or should go further?

I think it is not necessary the planned completion date to go further, am I right?

I seriously need your explanation

Regards,

Muataz

Replies

moutaz aldeib
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Clear and thanks Rodel

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Moutaz,

If the progress is delay, it does not necessary mean that the completion date is being push out or go further unless the delay is coming from the critical path. If the critical path is affected then recovery is needed to come back from the original completion date such as re-sequence the activity or compressed the schedule by addressing the delay and de-risk the critical path. Sometimes it happened that the progress is ahead than plan but overall the schedule is delay because the critical path is being affected by other delayed activities. Investigate, review and analyse your schedule and check where and what is the cause of behind schedule? Is it on the critical path or non-critical activities? Is it the weighthing of the activities or productivity issue?