Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how to do the Mega/Complex project structure

3 replies [Last post]
Lv Grace
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

I have a question on how to setup the Mega/Complex project structure.

the project cost is more than $1 billion, the execution team come from more than 4 region, each region has at least 2 teams. all the team member should charge hours, and their charge codes are duplicated. 

is there anybody has good practise on the Mega/Complex project structure for me?

Replies

Lv Grace
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Fantastic! Rafael, I will study your slides and talk to you later.

Grace

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 24 min ago. Offline

In complex projects a single WBS is usually not good enough.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Lv,

Have you checked your company procedure on EVM or Project Control Plan and Cost Management? The company should have the policy or procedure to manage WBS, CBS and tracking progress. I have the same situation where the project was in West Africa and Middle East, Designed is done in India, Fabrication is in China and Germany while client and PMC is in Australia. We use WBS, CBS, Contract number and package number to identify each charge account as all are belong to same project code. Hope this help.