Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Altering Schedule % Complete & Performance % complete in Primavera P6

7 replies [Last post]
Arslan Shahid
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Friends,

I have made a schedule, given relationships, costs resources, and assigned baseline and started updating the progress and scheduled it on a specific date date.

It is giving 83.43 Schedule % Complete & 94.43 Performance % Complete as per applied actuals and assigned baseline & data date.

Knowing the fact that, Schedule % Complete & Performance % Complete depends upon Data Date, Baseline, Costs and actuals applied respectively. Is there still a way of altering Schedule % Complete & Performance % complete in Primavera P6

on the same data date on which its showing 83.43 Schedule % Complete & 94.43 Performance % Complete to show 88.88 % and 89.47% respectively ?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Thabo Letlhake
User offline. Last seen 4 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All

I have the same problem, my Performance Pecentage complete is higher than my last update after changing the baseline and my schedule % complete is way to high. Last week I managed to move % correctly but the other section of the work was not properly resourced, then after fully resourcing the programme is not  allowing to adjust the % to the previous %. The  % is higher than the previous baseline % by far. Does anyone know what migh be wrong, I have worked on actual cost of the resource still the overall and WBS percentange is not moving. I also checked that % Duration type and Duration type is the same for all activies in the project, Is there any setting which I can amend to make my pecent to move.

Thanks

K. R

T.D

Sivaram GS
User offline. Last seen 9 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Possibly, but  my requirement is urgent and has nothing to do un proffessional i seee it as a p6 glitch. So if someone know kindly let me know

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
I know how to adjust it but as Garry said it can be misused.
Sivaram GS
User offline. Last seen 9 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Hi 

I also have the same problem, i have a new schedule prepared from the current schedule for EOT. Now the schedule % complete is not matching the performance %. The performance % is correct the schedule % is less than the performance % i need to bring to schedule % same as the performace to have a proper forecast. Kindly put your ideas

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Yes, there are ways to lie about your % complete in Primavera.

but I'm not going to tell you what they are, because I don't like it when planners use their schedules to lie.

It brings the entire industry into disrepute.

Arslan Shahid
User offline. Last seen 9 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

@Aly Elasyed

I agree with you that the Schedule % complete is generated automatically but my question is that "What are the ways to adjust Schedule % Complete on our desired percentage" out of the respect that the mean of software would be negligated. i need to show false schedule % complete

Aly Elsayed
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Dear,

first what is the meaning of Schedule % Complete & Performance % complete in Primavera P6

Schedule % Complete means the percentage of elapsed time to the original time (dates wise) i mean if there is an activity with planned started 1apr2015 and planned finish 30apr2015 and the data date is 15apr2015, then the elapsed planned (scheduled) time to the planned duration (30 days) will be 50 %. it present the schedule % complete. if you have completed for example 50 % of the quantity of work, then your Performance % complete is 50 % then you are on schedule . but if you finished 40 % then your performance is 40 % but you have finished 50 % of your planned duration which means you are behind the schedule. and like that

Schedule % complete can't be changed as it automatically generated.

Regards,