Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Oil Storage Tank Construction Planning

10 replies [Last post]
Harry Sam
User offline. Last seen 10 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can anyone tell me where I can find an example of a Oil storage and related piping construction schedule.

My experience has mainly been with heavy civil,process piping
Mainly I am looking for activities sheet.

Any help will be appreciated!

Many thanks 

Harry 

Replies

Luis Gonzales
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Arend, I would like to have a copy of schedule you mentioned specially for oil storage tank, i will just use this as reference for my new scope of work as being scheduler engr.you may send it to luiscatabasgonzales@yahoo.com,.. Thank you for your sharing,,,,, Luis
Melbin M B
User offline. Last seen 10 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Arend,

I would also like to have a the EPC planning with the activities and estmated duration and also  oil storage, piping, manifold, fire protestion and loadingstations as u have mentioned in my e mail which is melbin.mb1986@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,

MELBIN

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Activity listing will not be typical for oil storage tanks, as different variables are to be considered. Location, (activities iif near the jetties, or located from a storage farm inland), method statement (sections of rolled sections to be fabricated, welded, erection procedures, internal coating, scaffolding, equipment to be used), access and mobilitiy, safety constraints etc.  In the construction of an oil storage tank in rastanura (Aramco), there was a series of consultations between operations, safety, logistics, consultant and security before we finally come up with an activity listing. (Sequence and durations is another issue)

Harry Sam

Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable comments! 

I am collecting these schedules for the reference and knowledge purpose only.

@Arend 

Many thanks for your help,I have sent a private message with some information  

many thanks

Harry 

Harry Sam

Hi All,

Thanks for the valuable comments! 

I am collecting these schedules for the reference and knowledge purpose only.

@Arend 

Many thanks for your help,I have sent a private message with some information  

many thanks

Harry 

geosam234@gmail.com

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

I can send you a kind of format of an epc planning. It will contain useful information on durations, naming and all kinds of tank farm related equipment; as  Mike remarks; you will have to check all of it in your own project of course.

I hope it will help you in the process of gaining knowledge on this specific subject.

Regards, 

Arend.

I guess you will have to private message me.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi All

The problem of receiving a schedule from another source is that every project is unique and there is a distinct danger that just by copying someone elses project you will create fundamantal errors in your own.

This is apart from the fact of basic rules of copyright and confidentiality which should preclude any such sharing.

The basic rule is that if you don't know how to build it you don't know how to plan it - so ask someone ON THE PROJECT who does know.

By pretending that your knowledge and experience is greater than it is will be a recipe for disaster.

At least tell us what type of structure it is:

Steel - Concrete - Polypropylene bags?

Best regards

Mike Testro

PS if you are going to respond use the private message service - I will delete all email addresses.

Harry Sam

Dear Arend,

I would like to appreciate your interest in this discussion. I am looking for activity sheets for the project related with above projects

Many thanks 

Harry 

Michael Cobden
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

I'd be interested in that Arend if i can have a copy.

Regards

Mike

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Harry,

Good thing:

i have a schedule for a large oil storage, piping, manifold, fire protestion and loadingstations for you.

Bad thing:

I do not have it with me so I can send it to you tomorrow.

Regards,

Arend