Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Duration Type/% complete type

5 replies [Last post]
Catherine Barthelemy
User offline. Last seen 14 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
hello everyone! I have an issue which I think is to do with my settings, but having tried different options unsuccessfully, so here I am to pick your brains;
I have an activity with budgeted units (120) 04/1/08 till 23/02/09. 75% complete, Data Date 16/01/09.When producing units per month report, I have 104 units in dec 08 and 16 in Jan. I have tried changing the settings, and the resource curve type but P5 does not seem to spread the resources up to the end date.
Any ideas?

Replies

Mohamed elnenaei
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Catherine,

the dates that you have now (jab and feb) could be the current forecasted dates while the units could be distributed according to the baseline dates?....
Catherine Barthelemy
Thank you people!
Am currently trying the different solutions you guys suggested.
Thanks for your help.
Richard Rowberry
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 1 hour ago. Offline
Hi Catherine,

Try looking at your Planned Start and Planned Finish - the start and finish dates for the resource spread will be picked up from these fields - these dates may be different from your start and finish dates

Rgds

Richard
Catherine Barthelemy
Hi!

Relationships are straight forward and do not seem to have an effect. And there are no constraints.
Tried different scenarios, changing to Fixed Duration and units with Physical % complete, or even Fixed duration and Units/time with duration, it does not seem to make a difference with the units and which period of time they are allocated. The resource profile settings have not been changed, but then not sure what they are supposed to be...only have a rate and that’s that!
Waseem Saber
User offline. Last seen 2 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Catherine,

did you check the relationships or any constraints or the resources profile settings.

wondering what different options you have tried??? lets share, we could advice you are on the correct path.

regards

Waseem Saber