Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ORA-01017 invalid username/password logon denied

6 replies [Last post]
amir küçük
User offline. Last seen 4 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

hi everybody,

Could you please help me, I ınstalled primavera oracle database and for configration ı got this problem so cannot use?

ORA-01017 invalid username/password logon denied

thnaks in advance

amir.

Replies

Primavera SME
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
If you have a licensed copy currently under support, create a service request at support.oracle.com. One of the engineers can assist. All ORA errors in P6 are thrown from the database. In this case the database is saying that the username and password you are entering is not valid.
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Amir,

if my memory serves me right; first install the Java and Oracle and then start the installation of P6. If you find in google there are few who have docuemnted step by step installation.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

try this

Edit the Existing Configuration

1. Browse to the P6 Home Directory for the P6 application which is getting the error.
  2. Launch the adminpv.cmd/adminpv.sh or admin.cmd/admin.sh file
  3. Login with the privileged username/password
  4. Expand the configuration being used by the P6 application.
  5. If the configuration appears in red, right-click on the configuration and choose "update to latest version"
  6. Expand Database, Instance Folder.
  7. Update either the Database URL, Username or Password field if they are not correct
  8. Right-Click the Instance Folder, and select 'Test Connection' to confirm a successful database connection.
  9. Save changes and close the Administration Application.
  10. Restart the P6 application for the changes to take effect.
amir küçük

dear sir,

I tried but again failed. Could you please share contact info to send captures ı get. I need help.

regards,

Amir.

amir küçük

dear sir,

I tried but again failed. Could you please share contact info to send captures ı get. I need help 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

try this in the setup

For the Oracle Connection String, type XE

For username, type pubprm$pm 

For password, type <this was defined during installation > try admin1