Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level activities with small duration (<1 hour)

3 replies [Last post]
Berb Cristian
User offline. Last seen 9 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have this situation:

Duration activities are  1 hour in level activities to share (corect) resources

capture1.png

Duration activities are  30 min ; in level activities to share resources ; incorect results.

capture2.png

P6 dont level activities with small duration (minutes) ?

Thanks

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 13 hours ago. Offline

Any software should handle resource leveling down to the minimum duration you can assign to an activity, you got to be missing something. I do not use P6 but see it can display 1/100 minutes.

Try checking Activity Duration Type.

http://www.qsarticle.com/activity-duration-types-in-primavera-project-pl...

If the above does not works then I suggest trying with the following simple schedule from scratch and see what happens. One resource A and one resource B units are available. There are no activity links, very simple. Even if one second activities it should do it.

ShortDurations photo ShortDurations_zpsrbh6isul.jpg

Good luck.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

check your resource calendar also 

Mahisha M. Reno
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

You might want to look at the "Max unit / time" on the resource which assigned to those activities.

See if the max unit/time still allow the resource to be executed on the same hour or not..

Regard,

MRE