Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project Bombing out.

2 replies [Last post]
Willem Prinsloo
User offline. Last seen 10 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
We have a MS Project Schedule of 6000 line that is resource loaded. We cannot open the file anymore. Is there a possibility that the file is to big for projects. The PC is not the problem because we tried to open it on a powerful Drawing PC. Is there any setting in MS Project that we can change. This is a very serious problem so all help will be much appreciated

Replies

Willem Prinsloo
User offline. Last seen 10 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I managed to sort the problem. I dont know why but in my resource sheet I had 3 lines with dates in the resource ID. After deleting the lines the schedule operated normally again
Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Willem,

Some further info that might help us to help you:

What version of MS Project are you using to open?

Is it the same version used to create the file?

What file format is the project?

How big (Mb) is the project file?

What happens when you try to open -eg do you get an error message?

Have you tried opening it on a different machine?

Have you tried creating a new project of similar size and opening that?