Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Canada Project Controls employment possibilities

12 replies [Last post]
Alex Seligman
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone, about to, or recently, landed in Canada as a Skilled Worker immigrant, and successfully found work in Project Controls?

Which companies were taking people on?

What sort of salaries?

Any information appreciated.

Replies

Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Se De Leon,
I believe the PM’s arent working. Could you please contact me on my email address swasiraza@hotmail.com. I have been searching for jobs in montreal and need to find a few things out.
Thanks
Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Wazi,

Better sing the song: Think I go out to Alberta, wheather is good there in the fall.

Title of the song: "Four Strong Wind".

I hope singing the song will bring you good luck.

Cheers.

Thank you,
Scarlett
Wasi Raza
Thanks Mike for the info. At the moment i am residing in Ottawa and looking around locally. But to be honest, havent had much luck. The few Planning jobs available seem to be concentrated in Alberta, so need to decide whether to move there or not.
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi All

Go to the PEO jobs website - Davies Park Executive Search on behalf of The Graham Group - are calling for planners in Alberta.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Wazi

Particularly as you are a delay analyst - UK is buzzing right now.

Best regards

Mike Testro.
Shahzad Sikandar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
hi raza

why you left London?
Wasi Raza
Hi Alex,
I have just landed here in Canada as a Skilled immigrant a week ago from UK. Till now, i have mostly been looking around online for jobs to see what the market is. Seems to be its not exactly the same as UK. Back in london, when you searched for a planner job, 100’s will come up. And there were a number of recruitment agencies specialized in construction management professionals eg Project resource, Eden brown etc.
Trying to find similar recruiters here. Also, it seems there are more ’Production planner’ jobs than ’Construction planner’ ones.
When are you looking to land?
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 week ago. Offline
Hi Wazi,

When you search for jobs don’t type planner because the job planner here in Canada refers to those people in the field of land use. Try typing scheduler, primavera or ms project.

If you have other questions, just PM me.
Alex Seligman
I don’t know about that - there are no N.American jobs going on this website even and there used to be a lot.
Wasi Raza
Its the same situation everywhere i suppose. I assume that contract/free lance positions might still be around for ongoing projects.
Alex Seligman
Wow - thanks for your reply Ken.

This isn’t encouraging when I only have 1 year to ’land’ in the country and so far little hope of finding a job.

No acknowledgements from any companies (global and recruitment).

The decision I have at this point is: do I stay or do I go?
Ken Barrett
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Things have slowed down considerably all over canada, from the west to the east and all parts in between... Almost all companies have "shelved" their capitol projects and have actually been laying off and/or restructuring employees within the company. As far as I know all major companies have a hiring freeze the foreseeable future.

I’m confident that things will rebound within the next 5 years or so, so in the mean time sit tight and weather the storm...