Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

contracting in the netherlands ?

10 replies [Last post]
rosie finnegan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
I’ve been planning for 7 years in oil and gas and am thinking about giving contracing a go. Is there much contracting work in the netherlands?
what kind of money should I be asking for ?

many thanks
r

Replies

Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Wow,

I cant believe you actually posted your CV for everyone to see, just take his mail address and mail him!!!!!!

Ashutosh Mishra
User offline. Last seen 16 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
SIR I HAVE 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN OIL AND GAS AM FROM INDIA.

MY EMAIL ADRESS IS ashutosh.lalji@yahoo.co.in

ASHUTOSH LALJI MISHRA
Tel. (Res) 91-022-28345712 Mobile: 91-9833449170/91-9967332006 E-Mail: ashutosh.lalji@yahoo.co.in

Middle level positions in Oil Field Operations, Production, and Project Execution with leading organisations in the Oil & Gas industry

Professional Profile

Chemical Engineer with over 6 years rich experience in Oil Field Operations, Production, Separation, Dehydration and Amine system , Project Execution, DCS with British Gas Exploration & Production India Pvt. Ltd. Currently designated as Assistant Engineer – Process Dept. and posted at the Panna Gas Production Platform (Indian Offshore). Hands-on experience in Oil Field Operations with proven abilities in enhancing production processes, optimising resource & capacity utilisation, escalating productivity & operational efficiencies. Expertise in managing technically advanced Oil and Water Separation, Amine and Dehydration system and Processes. Team player with excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.

Areas of Exposure & Expertise

Production Operations
 Assisting Shift in-charge in managing production related tasks, oil and water separation, chemical injections, control & troubleshooting for achieving the desired oil production rates.
 Ensuring that the overboard water has less than 40 ppm oil.
 Monitoring and controlling the process parameter through DCS.
 Maintaining ATF stock & Quality Checks on the platform; preparing documentation for ATF Audit by Government Bodies.
 Enduring the implementation of Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.

Gas Dehydration
 Operating Gas Dehydration system so that the impurities like water and natural gas liquids can be removed before the gas is transported to the respective clients.
 Maintaining the concentration of glycol to its optimum level by regular moisture checks and proper regeneration of glycol in platform.
 Ensuring the moisture content in sour gas to be less than 7 lb /MMSCF of gas.

Gas Sweetening
 Operating the amine system in order to achieve sweet gas which is used for internal consumption in platform as a fuel for Turbine Generator and Process Gas Compressor.
 Caring out Lab tests for Amine concentration, Rich amine loading and Lean amine residual H2S content.
 Ensuring that the Quantity of H2S in the sweet gas leaving the contactor is below specified limits. i.e below 7ppm.

Well Testing
 Caring out Single phase, two phase and three phase testing of wells in order to obtain optimum well production.
 Interacting with senior managers for timely decisions to increase / decrease a Well’s production or to plan intervention.
 Supervising well fluid unloading, monitoring and process recording.

Safety Management
 Troubleshooting and handling emergencies on platform by being lead member of Emergency Response Team (Fire Fighting Team), conducting Safety Meetings.
 Adhering to all Environmental and Safety norms in Operations.
 Ascertaining and implementing measures to guard against Product / Equipment related risks like Flammability, Fluid Behaviour & related Hazards, Physical Hazards (poisoning, burns etc) .

Organisational Experience

Since Jun’03 at British Gas Exploration & Production India Pvt. Ltd. as Assistant Engineer – Process Dept., Panna Gas Production Platform (Indian Offshore)

 Operating the plant at optimum parameters (Separation, Dehydration & Amine System) and ensuring smooth operations without any shutdown.
 Working on a 14 day ON-OFF schedule. Handling a team of 4 personnel with DCS Operation.
 Carrying out various AMS jobs on a regular basis.
 Successful in improving the Dehydration System and Separation System due to internal modifications in various shutdown jobs.
 Achieved Production targets of 40,000 bbl/day. Current focus is on exceeding output of 55,000 bbl /day.
 Performing various Process and Safety related PM & Shutdown jobs under Permit to Work, Task Risk Assessment and Tool Box Talk System.
 Key member of the Team that executed the New Project of Capacity Enhancement of the Process Plant in 2006. The Project entailed Vessel modifications and installation of Process Gas Compressors.
 Assisted the Third Party Calibration Team during sales meter validation jobs.
 Supporting various Construction activities during Shutdown etc. carried out on the Platform by different Contractors.
 Checking the development of various AutoCAD Drawings for modification purposes as and when required.
 Maintaining stock of Critical / Non Critical Items at min / max level through SAP and Material Inventory Projects.
 Core team member of the BBS (Basic Behavioural Safety) Program where safe/unsafe acts of people are observed and appropriate feedback given to turn unsafe acts and conditions into Safe Working Practices, thus preventing accidents.
 Conducting Root Cause Analyses of various Safety related issues and providing appropriate solutions.
 Pivotal in improving Safety at the site by carrying out Task Risk Assessments and Tool Box Talks prior to executing jobs, which helped in averting accidents. Resolved critical issues pertaining to Safety of on site personnel.
 Recipient of Awards / Appreciation Letters for excellent performance during Shutdown activities. Played an active role in developing and putting up Safety Posters and following Safe Work Practices.

Training Programs

 Fire Fighting, Sea Survival Techniques and Elementary First Aid Techniques by YAK Institute of Management. HUET by Marine and Offshore International (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
 DCS training from Yokogawa in 2007.
 Handling of Aviation Products (ATF) by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
 Behaviour based Safety; Safety Behaviour Intervention Training.
 Training on Gas and Oil Processing by John M. Campbell.
 Paint and Corrosion by NACE.
 First Aid course (Level # 3) from SOS International in 2007.

Education

 BE in Chemical Engineering from Abhinav College of engineering. Secured Distinction.
 Diploma in Chemical Engineering from Shree Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic, Mumbai in 2003. Secured 72% marks.

Apprenticeship Training

 6 months Apprenticeship Training at Hindustan Organic Chemicals, Mumbai in 2003.
 6 month Apprenticeship Training at Golden Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai in 2002.

IT Skills

Operating Systems : MS DOS, Windows 98
Application Software : SAP, MS Office 2000, AutoCAD 2006

Personal Details

Date of Birth: 28th April 1983
Address: 204, Kaveri Building, BSNL Quarter, Wireless Road, JB Nagar, Andheri (East),
India, Mumbai – 400059
Languages Known: English, Hindi and Marathi

Gwen Blair
User offline. Last seen 10 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Not so we are all very busy.
Our Costie (Based in Rotterdam 10 days in & 4 off) just quit. E mail me if any one wants to work on a FPSO job.
rosie finnegan
Hi Mark,
I don’t yet know whoare the main contractors here in the netherlands. I reckon there is enough worrk here to go contracting I’m just finding it hard to find out what the rates are ? i.e. should I ask for the same amount as is now being paid in the UK ?
where are all the dutch contractors hiding ?
even here on PP there use to be more dutch jobs listed on the jobs than now , which is in fact zero ;-(
r
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Rosie

Try going direct to the large contractors active in Holland. Google their websites and go to the "Careers" section to see what their requirements are.
That way you will cut out the agency.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Rosie,

There are two featured recruiters on Planning Planet’s Job Page:-

Project Resource Limited and

Anderson Young UK Limited

Click on the links and you’ll get their contact details.

Chris Oggham
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
hi

try google recruitment agencies in netherlands should come up with what you want

regards

brad
rosie finnegan
Hi Chris
I did indeed do all that you mentioned and did’nt find much in the way of contracting, I think the set up is different here in the netherlands, agancies seem to have it sewn up.
I’d need to set myself up as one woman company and go through an agency to the employer. I think this is much the same in the contracting world, just here , the agencies seem to get a bigger bite of the apple.
But which two agencies did you see on the job page ?
thanks again
rosie
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rosie,

I’ve no doubt that you’ve done all the obvious things, like looking on the Job Page in Planning Planet, done a Google search for Recruitment Agencies in the Netherlands. I’m sure you’ll have checked business directories to get contact details for recruitment agencies as well, so it’s difficult to know what to suggest.

On the Job Page in Planning Planet there are two recruitment agencies listed, have you tried e-mailing them to see if they have any contacts with recruitment agencies in the Netherlands?

Not a lot of help I know, but it’s a bit out of my field.

Chris Oggham
rosie finnegan
ok let me put it another way :-)
does anyone have the names of agencies that I can contact for contract work in the netherlands ??
many thanks guys
rosie