Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rates for Pipeline Welding/ Installation

4 replies [Last post]
Emmanuel Udo
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Does any one have, or know where I can obtain, rule of thumb (rates) for pipeline welding/ installation? I would appreciate any such information.
Thank you in advance

Emmanuel

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Emmanual's original query was posted over 3 years ago, but for anyone interested in the same question, eTaskMaker has a dynamic estimating module for piping demolition, fabrication and field installation which considers all the major factors including metallurgy, diameter, thickness, etc.

Mark McElhaney
User offline. Last seen 11 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hey Emmanuel, I can suggest you something valuable pertaining to your queries for pipe welding installation. You can PM me if you like. I've studied at a prestigious welding school here in the U.S. You can check if you want to know more about welding.

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Emmanuel,

This usually depends on the type of material, thickness, position, environment and other factors.

You can see a lot of discussion in the same forum under the title "Pipe Welding duration"

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=1&Cat=5&Top=58099

With kind regards,

Samer
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Emmy,

You can refer to this great book for planners on pipeline installation

http://www.amazon.com/Estimators-Piping-Man-Hour-Manual-Library/dp/08841...

Estimator’s Piping Man-Hour Manual, Author: John Page