Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Need Help! on getting started with Primavera P6

3 replies [Last post]
Paul Oshi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Guys I just got a job starting in January that requires the use of Primavera P6 , I need help and advise into the best possible way of going about grasping this within the next month, any help on resources and advise will be greatly apreciated.

Also seen a couple of stand alone software and training DVD's on Ebay ...are they really any good?

PLEASE HELP!

Contact me please on  Oshisanya@Gmail.com

Thanks.

Paul O

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I would check with my local primavera dealer to see if they have training available. Live training is always better since you wil have the opportunity to interface, ask questions or give guidence if you get stuck on something. The trainer should also explain the theory behind what they are teaching in your case you specifically mentioned resources. You can not get this type of interface with a video. 

Michael Lepage
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline

I suggest checking out www.planacademy.com - for good Primavera P6 video courses.  It's a good starting point.

Michael

www.planacademy.com

George Papachristou
User offline. Last seen 11 years 28 weeks ago. Offline

Hey there,

I think the best option is to go get "Project Planning and Control Using Primavera P6" by Paul E. Harris. If you go through the book and his working examples I think you re going to be fine, at least for a starting level...Plus a lot of youtube tutorials! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRBI39-fCA&feature=related)

It worked for me so I hope it helps!

George,

PS: You know that you have to put a lot of hours to this!