Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Limited sharing: erase relationships without affecting the dates

7 replies [Last post]
Ward Deumens
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I want to share my Primavera file, but I dont want to share the relationships between the activities.

How can I manage to erase all relationships, but yet keep the planning as it is today?

Regards,

Ward

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

3) SNET = Start No Earleir Than

4) You can use the "Update progress" tool, to make everything complete. Takes less than a minute.

Have you actually checked that a programme without any links will be acceptable? Also: why are you so reluctant to share the links? 

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

As Gary say,

1. Use Start on or After Constriant. then delete links

2. Make all activities compelete by using Update Progress with data date at the end of project. Then delete links

Ward Deumens

Gary,

1) Print as pdf -this will maintain the dates, but you will struggle to show all other info in a legible view (costs, activty codes, early & late dates, float, constraints, etc):I need to submit the Primavera file, a pdf is not allowed.

2) Ensure "schedule automatically when a change affects the dates" option from schedule options is not checked, then delete the relationships. All the dates will be maintained until/unless you hit F9:This is being undone when I am saving the file.

3) Give all activities a SNET constraint  = early start date, then delete the relationships.: A SNET is something I cannot find amonst the possibilities in the constraints

4) Make all actvities complete, then delete the relationships:This will take way too long...

Do you have another idea?

Thanks for the replies guys!

Ward Deumens

I have to submit the file as a Primavera file, so a pdf is not an option.
Would have been a nice solution though.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

In order of simplicity, your options are:

1) Print as pdf -this will maintain the dates, but you will struggle to show all other info in a legible view (costs, activty codes, early & late dates, float, constraints, etc).

2) Ensure "schedule automatically when a change affects the dates" option from schedule options is not checked, then delete the relationships. All the dates will be maintained until/unless you hit F9.

3) Give all activities a SNET constraint  = early start date, then delete the relationships.

4) Make all actvities complete, then delete the relationships.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Ward

Perhaps you can book it out in electronic format but with no edit rights.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Ward,

Just Print it in PDF file.