Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Capping the total manhours / day ????

3 replies [Last post]
Hany Mehany
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

After resource loading the schedule, and having the schedule running for about a year now, the Client is asking us to cap the manpower to a certain number (i.e. 50 persos/day). that would be the maximum number or personnel working on the project. I need to resource level the schedule and get the new dates. how can I do that?

I need to tell the Primavera that the maximum number for hours per day (i.e. 50X10=500 hours/day) then resource level it, any ideas where I can do that?

In the P3 it was from Data -> Resource -> Upper Limit. but can't find it in P6!!!

Replies

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Auto levelling should not be the first option. Analyze the activties that are contributing to the manpower peak and then stretch them manually to delay the completion and level the manpower. Thanks.

Nikolay Spasibenko
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

In Resource and Role Libraries the is a file called - Max Units over time set it as 100% for one man/day or 1200% for 12 man days/day

Nikolay Spasibenko
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

In Resource and Role Libraries the is a file called - Max Units over time set it as 100% for one man/day or 1200% for 12 man days/day