Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Predecessors finish column

2 replies [Last post]
Christian Viddal
User offline. Last seen 14 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Is there any way to include a column where I can see if the precedessors are finished or not? The predecessor column available only shows the activity id.

Reason why I am asking is that we work in excel for gathering progress and it would have been useful to see if predecessors are finished or not.

Replies

Christian Viddal
User offline. Last seen 14 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Balaji.

Maybe I did not explain well enough.

Say I export 1 month look-ahead to excel and distribute for gathering progress and updates. When considering one acitivity, for example A1010, I want to see the predecessors and if the predecessor is completed or not on the same line in excel. This is only for making it simpler for the engineers to understand if the depending work of A1010 is already done. I as a planner can of course see everything in primavera but I need the same information in the excel sheet I use.

By including the activity status I only see if activity A1010 is completed but not if the predecessor A1000 is completed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a column similar to include for activity status for predecessors?

Hope this made sense.
Appreciate your support.

Thanks
Christian

Balaji Surendiran
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi Christian,

You can include ’Activity status’ column in the relationship tab which shows the status of the activity..

Regards,
Balaji