Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Printing project calendars in P6

16 replies [Last post]
janice hillenmeyer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Is there a way to print the calendars in P6? In P3 there was a print button right there. any ideas how to print them in P6?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

xer tool kit is a good utility that can print the calendar as well as do other things please check it out. 

Tim Readman
User offline. Last seen 33 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

i agree to Harold  who  commented last year. The new 2014  XER Toolkit has improved and produces a good project calendar with each year as a separate work sheet and is free, and can be adjusted for your project start. XER Toolkit can be used as a XER import or direct to your data base.

Tim Readman

i agree with Harold  in provided a comment. The new XER Toolkit has improved and produces a good project calendar with each year as a seperate work sheet and is free, and can be adjusted for your project start. XER Toolkit can be used as an XER import or direct to your data base.

Tim Readman

i agree with Harold  in provided a comment. The new XER Toolkit has improved and produces a good project calendar with each year as a seperate work sheet and is free, and can be adjusted for your project start. XER Toolkit can be used as an XER import or direct to your data base.

Michael Lepage
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Janice,

If you’re still looking for a simple solution to print your calendars take a look at this article How to print a Calendar in P6.

Regards.

Michael Lepage
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Janice,

If you’re still looking for a simple solution to print your calendars take a look at this article How to print a Calendar in P6.

Regards.

Tim Readman

The project calender will need not only to show the working and non working days but also the day number from start of the project to the end. Construction management will often require to know how many working days to go and how many have we expended. The wouyld like to know which day is public holiday, religous holiday, perhaps a weather delayed day, non working day due to a national event etc.

This was possible in p3 but not P6. In Asta power project you can get a calendar with the working days shown in red but not day numbers from the start of the project. Some use an excel spreadsheet and manullay build the picture that is required but not the ideal way to proceed.

Try all the software available to select the best to suit your project needs

Tim Readman

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 5 years 1 week ago. Offline

Print screen command will be enough..

Tim Readman

Janice ,

Did you down load the Comviz software and try it out?

comviz.com.au

Works a treat on many data bases on p6 version 7 to 8.3

Regards

Tim Readman

Tim Readman

Janice ,

Did you down load the Comviz software and try it out?

comviz.com.au

Works a treat on many data bases on p6 version 7 to 8.3

Regards

Tim Readman

Harold Forsberg
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Download XER Toolkit, it is free.  It is an addon to Excel.  With it you can print P6 Calendars 1 year per excel sheet.  It's not as good as P3 but is the best I've found so far

Tim Readman

Janice

I needed a project calendar but had to get one made.

Use COMVIZ it works a treat.  This is what the scope says it can do...

Comviz Calendar automatically calculates working days depending on the start day. These days do not include non-working days from Oracle Primavera P6 and the days marked as non-working. You can assign different colors and labels for the calendar days in order to create sofisticated calendars. 

Tim Readman

janice hillenmeyer
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for the replies. Print Screen is what I was doing, but I was hoping there had to be an easier, faster way. Especially when dealing with a several year long project.

I’ll try exporting to P3, that’s a great idea.

Thanks!
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
You can export an XER file and open the XER file with Asta PowerProject and print them. You could try exporting to P3 and printing there, or us a screen capture programme such as Snagitand take little pictures of each month and dump into another document.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers, Consulting and Training
www.eh.com.au
www.primavera.com.au
Neal Walsh
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Janice,

Screen print?

Just a thought.

Walshy
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Janice,

This feature is not supported in P6 v6.2.1. and even in P6 v7.

Regards,

Arnold