Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to change default currency for a project in group

4 replies [Last post]
Rajasekhar Reddy
User offline. Last seen 15 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Can any one tell me how to change the default currency for a project in a group of projects without disturbing the other projects in Primavera V5/6.

Replies

Rajasekhar Reddy
Hi Dieter Wambach,

Thank you very much for your information.
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Rajasekhar
We solve this item by creating all internal reports in Euro. Cost related external reports are only produced by SAP.
There is just one factor per currency and not related to time. As far as I’m informed, Primavera announced a periodical currency factor for P8 in 2010.
Regards
Dieter
Rajasekhar Reddy
Hi Dieter Wambach,

Thank you very much for your reply. As you said calculation of currency by currency factor we may get value. But if it a MNC company and you are doing many projects at a time you may not be getting right value. because as time pass the currency convertion will change which will result in different values for different projects. so is any option/ possibulity to rectify it?
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Rajasekhar
As far as I know it isn’t possible for a project. You can influence the currency for:
- Whole database - the base currency
- Resource
- User

As everything is memorized in the standard value and just calculated based upon the currency factors for user interface, you can easily change your user setting during a session.

Regards

Dieter