Website Upgrade Incoming - we're working on a new look (and speed!) standby while we finalise the project

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Trouble Query

8 replies [Last post]
Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
hi planners

We have deleted all default layouts, sample projects, and all default calendars, resources and activity codes incl EPS default.. now, we are experiencing this during startup whenever i open P6, it says "The Database has not been configured to run background jobs.."

Replies

Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,
I have solved this problem successfully. If any one required any assistance to resolve pls let me know the the Data base which you are using and i can assist you.

Thaaa
Suresh
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Try to search in the POINT in www.primavera.com

Suresh Sankaranku...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,
I just installed a stand-alone version of P6.1 . I do get the same problem in startup. I gone throught the adminguide and its make me crazy and sound all bullshit. I checked the SQLAgent$PRIMAVERA service automatic. Its automatic but when i try to start it, i get an error "can not run on local machine".

if anyone comes up with any solution pls share ...

Regards
Suresh
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Bonjour Alexandre
Meanwhile I checked: this service is set to automatic start. So there might be a different reason.
Thanks
Dieter
Dieter Wambach
Ronald
In our department it happens from time to time for one pc when starting the local database - it is a notebook used for presentations, business trips e.t.c. It’s also used with the server-database.
We use P6. It was installed by a technician of the German PAR.
Regards
Dieter
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I don’t believe that this annoying pop-up message informing you of this ‘fault’ was a direct result of deleting all sample data. This same thing happened to me when I upgraded to P6.1.

The reason for background jobs is the result of changes made to the way P6 works. It used to be that the System Manager was supposed to log on to P6 and manually erase all data marked for deletion. I believe that the erasure of deleted data is now supposed to occur when no one is using P6. This is handled by a “job scheduler.” Standalone users of P6 use MS SQL Server 2005 Express, which does not come with such a utility. Primavera has included a agent that runs P6 background jobs and is supposed to be automatically installed.

Everything worked fine right up until I installed P6.1 over an existing P6.0 installation. The instructions for installing and registering this stupid program begin on Page 59 of the Administrator’s Guide. I have read this twice and still cannot build-up enough nerve to begin this complicated process of playing around with the Windows Registry, naming local database instances, and the running the Services control panel (whatever that is.)

All I wanted to do was run a couple of CPM schedules, not train to be a Database Server Technician and Manager. Where is that copy of SureTrak that I had lying around?
Dieter Wambach
Hi Ferdinand
this sometimes happens to stand-alone installations. I don’t know why. Just accept it - no harm.
May be one of the experts knows the reason?
Regards
Dieter