Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Showing Driving Predecessors in layout/reports in p5

4 replies [Last post]
Maya C
User offline. Last seen 15 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In P3, we used to able to tell a DRIVING PREDECESSOR by the ASTERISK (*) marked next to the predecessor. That functionality seems to be lost in P5. Is there a way to show a driving predecessor in P5 layouts?

Thanks.

Replies

ELENA SECAREANU
User offline. Last seen 10 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
I have filter for few activities but want also show their predecessors and successors. Using trace logic is for one activity only but want show group of activities ! Any help in how to set a filter in P6! Thanks
Tamara Sutton
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Man oh man! You don’t even realize what’s not there till you go to look for it.

What a kick in the pants that is! Sure, it’s just a little graphic, but, it’s a little graphic I look for when reviewing printed material.

There’s no setting I’ve found that turns that indicator on/off.

Off to the Primavera website to put in another ’enhancement’ request.

Regards,
Maya C
User offline. Last seen 15 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Paul,
Thanks for your comments.

This solution works for the activity details section in the bottom of the schedule. However my question was if there was a way we can display that in the Predecessor column in a PRINTABLE layout.

This is possible with P3, but lost in P3e.

Let me know if I am making any sense.

Maya
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
There are many things missing in Primavera Enterprise that are in P3, but thankfully Driving predecessors is not one of them.

Display the Relationships form and right click below “Predecessors”, select “Customize Predecessor columns…” and display the “Driving” column.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au