Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing P3 files

4 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hello PM5 honorable users,
one customer of mine is experiencing problems when importing a P3 schedule into PM5:
an error message says: "cannot locate USERFIL.P3 file", and the import process stops.
as I am much more in P3 than PM5, I cannot give him a firm answer; can somebody help?
Grateful Alexandre

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

If you receive a message in relate to userfil.p3 meaning your clients P3 file require fix before the importing.

So what you should suggest is to rebuilt the P3 file by using either batch or P3fix to fix the P3 file first

Once its fixed then you can import

Good Luck

Alex
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 12 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
U can also try p330xerconvert.exe that u can find on common files/primavera common/convert

Regards.
DANG CORP
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hello,

try this first,

1-if using v5- get Service pack 2
2-if using v4.1 get latest SP (tehre is heaps of bugs with imports etc).

3-ask him to export his plans again from P3.
4-import it into the P3e.

if no error, kool!

if yes error, send it to your PAR and ask them to import the same file, if they dotn get an error, then re-install your P3e. or even send it to Izam or us on here.

Kind regards,

Vu Dang
www.dangcorp.com

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Brother,

To import p3 from p5, is not the problem. But certain thing require to setting up the activities code or wbs....
but if u using p3e, it’s too difficult to import p3.Otherwise, please directly email me maz.aizam@simedarby.com for any confusion there.