Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Levelling

1 reply [Last post]
Paula Walsh
User offline. Last seen 18 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
When using the leveling tool in Primavera (release 5.0) there is a significant difference in the project end date and activity task start and finish dates when the "preserve schedule early and late dates" option is selected.

How do I know to utilize this option or not, it prolongs the project by 2 months, but when the option is not chosen the project ends earlier. There is not an over allocation of resources that I can see when the option is not selected, but I do not understand what the program is doing differently when the option is selected or not.

Paula

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Paula,

58 views of yout post and no reply!! Couldn’t resist the challenge. Need to know more about what dates you are actually looking at. If you group and sort by Project so that dates role up to the project level, what are Finish, Early Finish and Remaining early Finish, with or without "preserve"