Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Currencies

2 replies [Last post]
Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Colleagues,

Working on several projects’ schedules in different countries oblige us to use different currencies. In order to have a project currency set for each project depending on the country or sometimes to have different curencies in the same schedule, what do you suggest to do in both cases?

I created a user defined field – type currency (from menu [Enterprise][User defined Field]) at the activity level. Run a global change to copy costs (Budgeted cost of an activity to the user defined field created). I added another column showing only the currency. We can therefore show two columns, one showing the cost without currency and the other the currency for each activity or each Project. Is this the only way to resolve this issue?

Regards,
J. Daniel

Replies

Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Puneet,

I tried different options (including viewing currency option, etc.) but I found that the only way to solve this issue is as described in my first message. Please elaborate more if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,
J. Daniel
Puneet Gupta
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Have you used Viewing Currency option?
Using this you can view any currency in the required currency format (exchange rate need to be set)