Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Reporting!!!!

4 replies [Last post]
Ahu Guclu
User offline. Last seen 13 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

In P3EC while reporting resourses,
organized by wbs,
if i want to summary the report ,
"unit/price" and "unit of measure" columns is being blank. i really don’ t understand why it can not summary resourses under wbs with unit of measure and unit/price, because these reasourses are the same.
it just show these columns when all resourses list even if they are the same.
Is there another way to do that???

Replies

Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Ahu,

The thing is you have to use costs to summarize !!

Here’s the thing. If you want to summarize for example for earned value proposal than you have to (or better) use costs. What you can do is give each resource a standard cost of 1$/hr. Than costs are equal to units. Make sure that costs units linked is on on activity (resource) level

Regards

Henk

Ahu Guclu
User offline. Last seen 13 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
because i choose the same resourses to the activities,i supposed that the program knows it and may not summarize the valuses but show the the value of UP and UM at the high level.

THANK YOU
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Misread part of the question. Unit price is also a non summable. I am not sure how you would want this summarized. I don’t think you would want the values added together.

Regards,
Bill
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Resource unit of measureable is not summable. It is a text field. I guess it may make sense to show it if as in your case all of the values are identical. There is not a way to do this.

As far as UPT, again this is not a summable field for a resource assignment. You would not want to simply add the values as this is a ratio.

You would need to create a report outside of p3e/c’s report writer to do this.

Regards,
Bill