Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

converting P6 primavera to a Suretrak native file (.stx or .prx)

6 replies [Last post]
Andy Cabral
User offline. Last seen 13 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How can I convert/export a Primavera P6 project into a Suretrack native file (.stx or .prx) file. 

I have tried exporting the file to a P3 but I get several individual files (6-8 files) my client doesn't want serveal .xer files but just one sole .stx or .prx file.  Unfortunately, I am not provided with this option and would like to see if any of you can provide me with any help.

We have the latest version which is P6 primavera.

Thank you,

Replies

Richard Rush
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

From Suretrack you can save in either format stx for Suretrack or prx for P3.1 (called concentric in Suretrack)

However the prx file is just an executable zip file of the P3.1 files. Thus zip into a *.exe format then change *.exe to *.prx

Simpels...

Richard Rush

From Suretrack you can save in either format stx for Suretrack or prx for P3.1 (called concentric in Suretrack)

However the prx file is just an executable zip file of the P3.1 files. Thus zip into a *.exe format then change *.exe to *.prx

Simpels...

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 5 min ago. Offline

Open the file in SureTrack then save as and select other format of your choice among the available.

Look on your Suretrak CD for the SureTrak Manual, is on PDF, if not Google for it and download.

Andy Cabral

Richard,

I just got ahold of a Suretrack copy.  Could you please provide me the info to convert my p6 files to an .stx or .prx file.

Thank you,

Andy

Andy Cabral

Richard,

I just got ahold of a Suretrack copy.  Could you please provide me the info to convert my p6 files to an .stx or .prx file.

Thank you,

Andy

Richard Rush
Andy, You need to have p3 or sure track, if so I will tell you the secret Richard Rush Civil Engineer