Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ES & LS CURVE

8 replies [Last post]
vex zex
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
HYE ALL

How to make little bit different s-curve between early start and late start...

how to make good s-curve

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 15 hours ago. Offline
vex zex

You are posting on a P3 forum, as of today no software is capable of providing within the software the graphs as P3.

Within P3:
*You do not need to export to Excel for your S curves,
*with P3 you do not need to adjust late date constraints temporarily to go back again to initial status, *with P3 you can see projected early and late
*and if one baseline is not enough I believe you can display curves for the current job plus 2 baselines, but that is too much.

You got to be very happy, I sincerely do not understand why a P3 user would use Excel to create S curves when you can define as many combinations you want and then at a single click print all as a report group.

Believe me; I miss this old P3 functionality. Perhaps I got multiple vertical scrolling profiles tables and graphs, which I consider superior, but the basic S curves and the histograms reports of P3 have no parallel.

Best Regards,
Rafael
vex zex
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
hye all frenzzz...

Thanks for the info...
I would like to gather more information how to make good s-curve for late start ;
Example manually adjust the latest dates constrain or zero float.

Please advise
Rafael Davila
Shahul,your welcome, I did not know what a banana curve was, I did my web search and found about it. Learning never stops.
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 36 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

\\\\\\\\Thanks for the link-Rafael \\\\
Shah. HB
Hi Zex

There is a major difference in Early and Late Curves ,you could visualize once they are generated

In Tools-->Graphical reports ,there is an option for generation of early and late curves
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 2 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
I think you are looking for a banana curve...

1. Pull the data in a spread sheet for all the resources
2. One row for early start and the other for late start.
3. Convert the manhours into % completions and then prorate between these two to develop the banana curve.

Thanks.

R
Shah. HB
Hi Iqbal

S curve is not banana curve .It doesn’t seems to be in s curve
Rafael Davila
Banana Curve

http://cmaanet.org/files/pentagon.pdf

Unfortunately the above example misses that the projected/forecast is composed also of Projected Early and Projected Late.

P3 S Curve