Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to change resp, area, wbs for multiple activities?

6 replies [Last post]
Mike Miller
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there a way to change resp, area, step, and wbs for multiply activities instead of going to each activity and changing it one by one?

Replies

Mike Miller
Got it, Thanks for your help
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Mike,
Right click on activity window and click column or press F11 then scroll down to bottom and click empty row then click triangle down and select all the columns that you need to add as sample below:
P3 Column
Mike Miller
How do I get the Resp, Step, Dept Columns to show in the activity window? As you can see I don’t have those:
Rodel Marasigan
Greg,
Like what I have mentioned, you can show those column in activity window. See sample below:
P3 Display Column
Mike Miller
Rodel,
Your options seem to be for only copying the activity description.

I’m in trying to change the options for multilply activites as seen in this image:

Rodel Marasigan
Mike,
You can use 3 options:
1) Show columns of all activity codes and WBS that need to change then organize it by those group or filter it then change the first row and highlight to the last row that will require same code. Then right click and fill cell. Repeat the process on each code and each column.
2) Use Global change
3) Use export/import function in excel.