Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import/Export in Excel 2007

4 replies [Last post]
Florante Ileto
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am having problem using the export-import feature of P3. DBASE 3 and LOTUS is not acceptable in excel 2007.

I can export a p3 file in DBF format and I can open it but my problem is I cannot save it on the same format (i.e., DBF).

Please help.

Replies

Santhosh kumar
User offline. Last seen 14 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Florante,

Try this one.

http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/

Best regards,

Santhosh
Florante Ileto
User offline. Last seen 13 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thank you very much Rafael. I will try to follow your advice. I am migrating from P3 to P6 but not all are using P6 until now. If I will create a schedule in P6 our client will not be able to open it so I need to do it in P3.

The big diffrence I notice between P3 and P6 is that the schedule in P3 is separate from the program itself. While in P6, the schedule is inside the program.

Once you delete or uninstall P6, all your schedule are gone while in P3, even though you uninstall it, your schedule is still there.

cheers
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline
Microsoft Office 2007 stopped supporting many file formats, including wks and dbf. So even if you have Access 2007 you won’t be able to save in dbf file format, if you still have Access 2003 you can.

Try OpenOffice 3.0.1 Calc. It’s part of a free open source Office suite that can read in Excel 2003 and save as DBF.

As a hint I recommed you set OpenOffice Options to save in MS Office format.

Open Office Options

is free!

http://download.openoffice.org/contribute.html?download=bouncer&product%...

Best regards,
Rafael

P.S. You got to accept it, P3 is obsolete. Try using P3 Primavera Mail with Outlook 2007, it won’t work unless you trick the software default. As new Office and Windows updates surfaces more and more functionality will be lost and many in your company might be at risk of not even being able to access it.
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 days 16 hours ago. Offline
If you have Access 2007 you can open the Excel file from within Access and although you cannot use Save As to save in dbf format you can use External Data/Export/More/dbase.file for this purposes.

The add-in must be easier but the reference came out to be a demo version limited to 30 records, they promised a free update I am looking to get a hold on it.