Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error # 30 - prx file restore

2 replies [Last post]
Ashok Kamath
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am trying to send a compressed prx file to an Owner who wants to analyze my P3 schedule.

We are both running P3 version 3.1 - service pack 2

When he performs the restore, all files are restored, but he is unable to run any reports (graphical or tabular)or filters.

He keeps getting a message - Code 30 something about resource tables.

This is a simple construction schedule with about 665 activities and no resource loading.

Anyone who may have experienced this issue? I can run all reports and fiulters on my files without any problems.

Thanks in Advance

Ashok

Replies

Ashok Kamath
User offline. Last seen 16 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Thanks for the feedback. I have deleted the PTL.P3 and TTL.p3 files and sent to them. I’m waiting to hear if they get the same code again.

Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

This error message appears if the PLT.P3 file has become damaged. As a result, this file will need to be deleted or replaced.

1. Close P3.

2. Browse to the directory where the project has been saved.

3. Delete or rename the PLT.P3 file. If possible, replace this file from a backup.

Note: This file contains the Plot specifications and will automatically get recreated when accessing the graphic reports. Deleting the PLT file will reset all the graphic reports to the default options.