Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

p3.1 on vista and ubuntu linux

6 replies [Last post]
Num Lock
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, can i run P3.1 on MS Vista? How about OfficeXP? Thanks.

Does anyone know how to run P3.1 / P5 on Ubuntu Linux? Thanks again.

Numlock

Replies

mimoune djouallah
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
hi Num

if you still want to run your p3, primavera 5 whatever software for windows under linux, all you have to do is installing virtualbox, it is a free software, and it just works, i have to say the first time i saw p3 in all it’s glory running in my linux box, i got tears in my eyes.

so good luck

ps: sorry to say that but your name in our arabic dialect is a very slang word, so pay attention if you want to work in algeria ;)
mimoune djouallah
hello

lock i know your question was for P3, but for the linux users frustrated with the lack of project management softwares, the last version of crossover (6.0)support out of the box MS project 2003. and even it is also available for mac intel.

friendly yours

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
mimoune

Now i get it - 32 bit Window Vista

I think you are better off with running a VM provided by window to run P3 3.1

Alex
mimoune djouallah
hello alex

of course not, i mean P3 will work in just 32 bit version of windows vista

frienly mimoune

ps: ok alex i need to read more what i have writen
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Mimoune

is there a 32 bit version of P3??

Alex
mimoune djouallah
hi Num

For the windows vista i think it is ok for the two software as long as you installed the 32 bit version ( for P3), because as you know P3 is a 16 bit software, so it will not work in 64 bit windows ( like the ultimate version)

For Ubuntu, I tried Wine without much success, it keeps telling me can load some dll files.

Of course you can always install a virtual machine like vmware and run P3 or any software on windows xp

Friendly yours