Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

SLOW SCHEDULE

7 replies [Last post]
zulfi Ali
User offline. Last seen 18 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I have a problem with one of my schedule, which contains 450 activities and all activites are linked with each other, my other shedules are running very good without any delay. but this i mentioned always give me hard time, even after each click or scrolling blw activities it takes time or become idlle.

Yuor early response will be highly appreciated.

Ahmed

Replies

kamran hazini
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ahmed;
I have dealt with such problem before. In addition to our friends recommendations, mine are;
1- Make sure you are not summarizing the activities since it will dramatically reduce the speed while scrolling. Format, Summarize All, set it to None.
2- If you do not intend to get any scheduling report, make sure that all 3 check boxes in Tools, Schedule (especially Out of Sequence report) are off. They take much time to prepare. Even if you push F9, with Out of Sequence check box on, it will spend much time to prepare this report but won’t show you anything!!
3-Go to Tools, Option, Autocost Rule and remove tick mark from “Perform these calculations during each schedule computation”. It will also accelerate your schedule when you don’t need it.
4- Make sure the P3 version you are using is ver. 3.1. From version 3.0 to version 3.1 a great development on scheduling speed has happened. You will not believe it until test it especially with large number of activities.
Hope these will make it much faster.
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Try also to turn off the link (not shown) it should faster the scrolling.

zulfi Ali
Neeraj,
Automatic scheduling is already off, and i have only three colmns on display.

If you know some other stuffs or options to speed up sheduling and normal activity entering, please let me...know.

Zulfeqar
Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Ahmed,
You might consider turning off automatic scheduling in Tools, schedule, options. If this is already off, please remove unwanted columns from your layout.
regards
Neeraj
050-3690593
zulfi Ali
Thank you Neeraj, your suggested one is really helping but there could be some more option to speed up the scheduling.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate
Neeraj Agarkar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hello!
Try this.

Check Format - Organise. Turn off the totals.
now screen should scroll faster.
regards,
Neeraj
050-3690593
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
the easy solution is that

Click +Ctrl F, give activity ID and find.

easy way to reach your required activity