Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import update from PMS(excel) to multiple programs in P6

1 reply [Last post]
Ayman Mohammed
User offline. Last seen 5 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hi All,

I am a fresh planner and very recently my boss allowed me to start updating the program. The issue is that i am having a baseline and recovery programs and i have to update same activities twice which consumes a lot of time, bcoz first i update the PMS and then take same percentages (for baseline and recovery)  in program manually reducing the remaining duration appropriately.

How can i save time by exporting and importing to apply update. i have seen my boss doing it but i dont know how to do it. i know how to use vlookup.

Replies

Arslan Shahid
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear

Ayman Mohammed

First of all you need to Export your primavera project either baseline or recovery plan in spreadsheet file extension .xls
 (Make sure that you include the columns in layout of Primavera, which you need to update,while Exporting)

Remember: not all the Primavera column fields can be updated.

Then you need to use VLOOKUP formula (THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TUTORIALS OVER GOOGLE FROM WHERE YOU CAN LEARN VLOOKUP FORMULA). Do practice on it again and again and you will learn it.

Then import it back in primavera.

I know its not simple as i told but you can always contact if any problem is faced.

Regards,

Arslan Shahid