Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting default layouts and filters per project

4 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Long time P3 user, was occassional now heavy P6 user.  3 things driving me crazy: 

1). when I switch projects I always get the same default layout no what how I had left it, same with the filter.  I want it to look like the last time I was in that file.  It seems like it depends on what I was doing last in general.  My layout section is a mess because I have so many, they need to add an organizational aid.

2). Also, if I open a file, then I open another file...how can I switch back and forth

3). When I try to assign a baseline to my current project it will not pull the exising choices up, to I have to also open the file I want to make a baseline?

John R

Replies

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

John,

Regarding baselines: when you use a project file as a baseline, it disappears from the EPS because its been assigned as a baseline to another project. You can always restore it later to the EPS, but the safest method is first to make a copy of the project you intend to use as a baseline, then use the copy as the baseline. This keeps your EPS intact.

Tom Reichner 

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
John, You can save layouts into a particular project. use save as then choose project instead of users. regards.
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have hundreds of projects and hundreds of layouts...It would be nice if I could designate or associate a set of layouts with a project instead of wading through 100 of them.  I leave a hint in the text which go with which, but I am taking over some projects and that was not the case so it is a guessing game or I just create my own...unless there is something I am missing...

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 34 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Hi John 1) Save the layout before closing the project. Can be save or save as. 2) Open as many projects as you want. To switch projects go to bottom left part of te screen of the "open" tab. Last 4 opened projects are displayed. Just choose the one you need. 3) Make sure that you have maintained a baseline before assigning baseline. More details on www.plannenvoornietplanners.net Regards Johannes