Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Estimation of Manufacturing Durations for Procurement Activities

3 replies [Last post]
Romil Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Hello good morning to my fellow planners.

I am in a predicament of estimating manufacturing durations which I have to incorporate to my Master Schedule

Most of them are Mechanical Equipments. Strippers, Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Tanks, Filters, In-Line Mixers, Pumps and Compressors. I am hoping that the more senior and experienced planners of our group can help me on this predicament.

Actually I am a new planner for a Petro-chem company so estimating for these equipments are very new to me.

Thank you in advance.

mil

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Romil

Send a short questionaire email to each of the potential vendors asking for the manufacturing periods.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Romil Villanueva
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Sandy, thank you for the reply, I already did but they are also not that confident since we are having multiple vendors....and I was kinda hoping that there is some table which were based on past procurements of similar items and I am yet to hear from them...

Sandy Matheson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 days ago. Offline

You need to talk to your procurement people, they should give you these estimates.

I see now why some people duplicate entries, the 'save' option comes up twice when posting!