Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress as per the revised Baseline

6 replies [Last post]
Mohd Anjum
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Guys ,

I developed the construction baseline Program/schedule/plan...   and accordingly i prepared the % weightage plan.

progress reporting sheet, S curve etc. I show my progress in S curve.

Due to delay in my milestone dates i need to revise my Baseline and accordingly i will prepare the progress.

My question is:

In last week report to my client i showd the progress with some figures with overall progress as 54%

This week since my baseline is revised all the figures have been changed and overall progress is now 45% (bcz most of the dates have been pushed).

Is it acceptable if i show my revised progress with overall progress as 45%?

what will be the justification?

Just need to confirm and clear my self.

Replies

Abuder Shambo
User offline. Last seen 4 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

I agree with Arun, Your Actual % for the Original Program should equal Plan % for the New Program

RGDS

Abuder

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 36 weeks 15 hours ago. Offline

Hi Mohd Anjum

% you calcualted is based on what parameter's, is it based on volume of work or cost or any other ?

If the actual progress is 54%,if you revise your plan then 54 % is your start point to calcualte rest of the balance left out works,it cannot be slahed down to 45% it is illogical

Cheer's

Shahul

SATISH YADAVALLI
User offline. Last seen 10 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Mohammed,

Kindly follow as per actuals obtained as per latest revised and explain in detail to client the changes incorporated such the the actual progress is reduced to 45; otherwise, later on there will be so many queries needs to be resolved by you;

Better show the present changed values and dont manipulate to show the previous progress;

The same kind of experiance i have faced previously with client and so many queries are faced ultimatley; So, calculate on the basis of physical work% only;

By to by what project you are dealing;

Arun Vasanth
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Mohammed

Please dont submit like this ..

The actual progress we cant change ...Only we can change the planned progress

For eg

Planned progress in your previous program

as of last month PP =85% and AP =55%.

You can change only planned progress only in the new program

PP = 55% and actual progress 57% .

You cant change the actual progress untill some additions in the scope of work and change in Project finish date...

Regards

Arun

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

This is the danger of calculating your progress % based on duration, rather than physical work done.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Mohd

If your milestone adjustments increased the duration of the tasks then the volume percentage would be less pro rata.

If you are using a duration percentage then there should be no change.

Best regards

Mike Testro