Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Advanced Defect Tracking Web - www.borderwave.com

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Advanced Defect Tracking Web Edition is a 100% web based defect-tracking solution designed for small, medium and large software companies to simplify their bug, defect, suggestion and feature request tracking. The software allows you to track bugs, defects feature requests and suggestions by version, customer etc. Once bugs, defects, feature requests or suggestions are entered, real-time reports can be generated determine what has or has not been resolved. Advanced Defect Tracking Web Edition is a very scalable and robust solution that allows for thousands of users to log in simultaneously from any location by the use of their web browser.

Advanced Defect Tracking Web Editions new install architecture and maintenance features greatly reduce the total cost of ownership and with its easy to use interface, your employees will be on their way to improving their development processes with little to no training.

Michael

Replies

Michael B
User offline. Last seen 21 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Borderwave Software offers a Web Based Defect Tracking Solution called Advanced Defect Tracking Web Edition. Our solution is designed for companies of all sizes as well as freelance developers or consultants. Advanced Defect Tracking Web Edition allows you to easily track your products, versions and customers. Its main functionality is for defect tracking and feature requests. Employees can easily submit defects and feature requests and at development time can quickly determine what needs to be addressed for the current release and what is of the highest priority.

Advanced Defect Track Web Edition can help developers and project managers maintain their products quickly and efficiently. Below are a few key features that might be of interest to you:

Email Notification – Our email notification and workflow features assist you in keeping everyone in your team informed.

Client Defect Entry Tool – This tool allows for your clients to easily report defects or suggest features requests. Once a request is submitted an email is sent to the project manager for approval and an email is automatically sent to your clients informing them that you have received their request.

Peer Review – This feature helps your employees determine what aspects of there development process needs to be improved upon and also lets them know what they are excelling in.

Advanced Defect Tracking Web Edition is a Microsoft .NET application and supports the following operating systems: Windows 2000 Professional, Server, Advanced Server, DataCenter, Windows XP Professional, or Windows .NET Server 2003. It’s is very competitively priced and very well supported.

If you are interested in the product and would like more information please visit our web site at http://www.borderwave.com.

Special thanks to the Development Team at Planning Planet for their suggestions.

Best Regards,

Michael
Forum Guest
Hi there Team,

I guess Michael, you have posted your message to the Planning Planet Forum from the Project Magazine Forum Link. You are correct that no-one has charged you, nor indeed, forced you to provide more details (i.e. join) prior to making your advertisement - but tell me, how is that relevant to the other half of the two questions about "providing support and facts" in support of your advert.

So far, at least 60+ members of the team have looked at your post, and all will have read like myself, how poorly your case has been presented and the critisism you have laid on your yourself and your entity.

We (the end-user) have seen that software entities, to a certain extent do not spend the time thinking about the audience and how the advert would be read (if you really care about understanding peoples requirements, re-read that sentence).

Michael, for example, if you had structured your advert such that we knew what you were offering, what it could do for us, and why we should be interested (in a few brief paragraphs), then probability suggests that our interest in your system would be higher. Free speech is great, but make it worthwhile.

I work for a medium sized software developer in the States, with divisions in 26 locations and I for one would welcome, with open arms, a package that could do what you say. However, judging by the lack of respect and attention (to the request from the END USER) that you have given in your response (personally, I think it was constructive critisism that was offered) I will not be passing on your web address to our purchasing division.

I assist the Planning Planet Development Team in certain respects, but these are my own personal views.
Forum Guest
"The following is a blatant, unpaid advertisement without support, facts, or even a real name by the author. Do you think that this reflects well on the actual quality of the product? "

Ronald,

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually, my real name is Michael and it is listed at the bottom my post. I agree it is unpaid but Project Magazine allows for companies like ours to post without charge. The quality of our product can not be judged prematurely (like any product) and should be tried before judgments are made. The post was purely educational and if someone chooses to view it that is there own choice.

Michael
Tara Muddappa
User offline. Last seen 17 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Michael,

I would suggest please sign in , and we welcome if you come up with an example and I guess its project planning related to software management industry.

tara muddappa
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
The following is a blatant, unpaid advertisement without support, facts, or even a real name by the author. Do you think that this reflects well on the actual quality of the product?