Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Measuring & Control System

2 replies [Last post]
Kyu-Hoon Kwon
User offline. Last seen 22 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Everybody, I'm very interested in progress measuring & control of project. Because I think progress measuring and control are essentioal elements as well as schedule control for success of Project. I have experienced in Petrochemical and Refinery Plant over 10 years, and also I have developed progress measuring and control system, called SaPIS (Schedule and Progress Integration System). I would like to discuss about these subjects. For more information about this system, visit my homepage "http://myhome.hananet.net/~khkwon6". I'm glad again to join this Forum.

Replies

Kyu-Hoon Kwon
User offline. Last seen 22 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you for your interest and comments regarding this subject. During my excution of project, such as ATC Projrct in Thailand (500 Millions), Cadereyta Project (1600 Millions) in Mexico, Owner requested us the exact match of schedule activity and progress. That means schedule is very close with the progress. And as you know well, each activity should be updated according to proper progress of each progress. That is why schedule and progress should be connected and integrated. For your request regarding sample, I'm glad to provide the good example. So please visit my homepage "http://myhome.hananet.net/~khkwon6", and downlod demo file in "SaPIS"-"Demo Download" Menu. I hope this sample project would helpfup to you to understand this system. I would like to discuss with you more detail after you review this sample project. Thanks again for youre advice. K.H.Kwon
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
welcome home. we wish u the best with our group. to understand u better, pls give any actual example. assume any 2 or 3 activities schedule, then, show how u integrate this schedule and its progress? as far as i think, the word "integrate" may not be the proper one. progress and schedule may not need integration. pls explain. welcome again, my best wishes mohd