Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Leveling

8 replies [Last post]
Hamid Tavassoli
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everyone, I am facing a problem in resource leveling. After completion the scheduling, I faced with overallocation. As a result, i defined priority and used leveling, but unfortunately no change is happened. anybody has idea what could be the reason? Thanks

Replies

Hamid Tavassoli

Rodel,

Thank you very much for your help.I will be so happy if I can be in direct contact with you, if possible.Email: Hamid.tavassoli@gmail.com
Hamid Tavassoli

Rodel,

Thank you very much for your help.I will be so happy if I can be in direct contact with you, if possible.Email: Hamid.tavassoli@gmail.com
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline

Hamid,

Make sure that no overallocated on each activities as it will not move because it is already overallocated. Overlaping activities is fine as long as it will be level accordingly. Make sure the maximum limit is set ex: say 5 res x 8hrs/day = 40hrs/day

Hamid Tavassoli
Hi Rodel, If an activity itself is over-allocated, the duration will not change after leveling to resolve the overallocation?I defined a small project for better monitoring. Even in overlapping activities, when I run level resources (Considering the 3 items you mentioned earlier), no change occurs. is there any special adjustment needed before leveling that may I have forgotten?
Rodel Marasigan

Hi Hamid,

As you mentioned, your setting is Fixed Units. Is the activity itself is over allocated? It so then overallocated resource on activities will not move or will not level.

Hamid Tavassoli

Hi Rodel,

I selected “Preserve scheduled early and late dates” and some change has happened, but still, I am faced with over-allocated resources in some parts.

Hamid Tavassoli

Hi Rodel,

I selected “Preserve scheduled early and late dates” and some change has happened, but still, I am faced with over-allocated resources in some parts.

Rodel Marasigan

Hi Hamid,

When you run Level Resource (shift+F9). Did you select:

1. Automatically Level Resources when scheduling
2. Preserve schedule early and late dates
3. Level all resources

Also did you select the field names you use for levelling priorities?