Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Notebook Topic - Assign Notebook Topic dialog box not working

8 replies [Last post]
David Roe
User offline. Last seen 3 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello All,

I have an issue that has suddenly come up that I cannot figue out how to correct it.

I'm using Primavera P6 Professional R15.2

I have created custom Notebook Topics through the Admin Categories>Notebook Topics tab

At the Activity screen with the Details section opened. If I select the Notebook tab and try to Add a Notebook topic, the Assign Notebook Topic dialog box does not appear.

I seem to have full Administrator privileges so I am stumped as to why I cannot add a note to an activity.

Any assistance will be greatly appreicated.  

Replies

David Roe

Bian,

The issues that are described in the link you provided are similar except that non of the workarounds seem to work. I am having the issue with any +Add button in the Details window that is supposed to give me a pop-up dialog box. The dialog boxes do not execute at all so the Alt-Tab or Spacebar workaround doesn't bring them forward. 

I'm using R15.2 and it seems like this issue is corrected in R15.2.13 patch. I'm waiting for an upgrade from my IT department.

Thanks everyone for your insight and help.

David Roe

Bian,

The issues that are described in the link you provided are similar except that non of the workarounds seem to work. I am having the issue with any +Add button in the Details window that is supposed to give me a pop-up dialog box. The dialog boxes do not execute at all so the Alt-Tab or Spacebar workaround doesn't bring them forward. 

I'm using R15.2 and it seems like this issue is corrected in R15.2.13 patch. I'm waiting for an upgrade from my IT department.

David Roe

Bian,

Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Hi David,

Are you having the same issue of the dialog box not opening when trying to Add Resource? The blog below might have some permanent solutions (patch it) or workarounds.

https://prmyazilim.com/en/blogs/151-activities-page-assignment-tabs-in-primavera-p6-professional-such-as-predecessor-or-resources-or-successor-tab-do-not-load-the-assignment-window-pop-up-when-selecting-the-assign-or-add-button-using-multiple-screens-or-previously-using-multiple-screens

Personally I've had the same issue (Add Resource window not showing) happen to me in Primavera P6 Professional R16.1 so I upgraded to a higher version.

David Roe

Santosh,

I thought about that too. I am working on my laptop with an external monitor with the desktop extended. So I changed it to where I would only be on the laptop screen but it did not help. The software is on my computer and I am not working from a virtual desktop or from a server.

Thanks

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Are you using Multiple Monitors? or using P6 delivered over a virtual desktop, eg Citrix?

David Roe

As far as I can tell, I do have full admin rights. I am the only user listed for this software. Then if I look at the Security Profiles>Global Profiles, the default Profile is Administrator and all of the "Has Privilege" check boxes are checked.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

do you have full admin rights  ?