Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 SCHEDULE PROBLEM!!!

1 reply [Last post]
Emrah Kaya
User offline. Last seen 6 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi guys,I have a problem with my p6.I am done with my planning and I want to put my new data for the next month manually;*First problem=When I  click the start box in status bar and change the data with a different date finish box doesn't change automatically.*Second problem=When I change for example my first activity dates and there is a lag time. And I  click the F9 , put my new data date  and start to schedule the data date I put became the next activity start date. Let me explain this  way also Activity  (A) Start date:03/05/2018-end date 10/05/2018Activity (B) Start date 11/06/2018-end date 23/05/2018Changing activity (A) and --> start date 05/05/2018 end data 12/05/2018Click the schedule and put data date as 1 June   start scheduleActivity (B) becomes start date 1/6/2018-end date 13/6/2018Thank your help from now.  And sorry I kept it long to write I am new on P6 and doing my thesis.. 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

You ar enot updating the schedule correctly

If an activity has started check the box nex to started and select the actual start date. If the activity has also finished then also check the box next to finshed and select the actual finish date.

If an activity has started but not yet finished check the box nex to started and select the actual start date and put in the remaing duration.

when you are done with progressing your activities press the F9 button and change the data date to the date that you are recording progress upto.

NOTHING EVER changes until you SCHEDULE the proejct by perfoming the forward and backward pass thats the Tools schedule from the menu or the F9 function button.

You only put in ACTUAL start and end dates you do not put in start and end dates this is the whole point of scheduling the logic and durations determine the start and end dates for activities that ar not started and ro complete.