Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing P6 file without resources

4 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I received a new P6 programme with several resources. Is it any option to import the programme without the resources. I tried the modify data while importing, but not working.

Thanks

Regards

Kannan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

thats what I thought no senses in have un-necessary resource if you do not need them

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Thanks David & Zoltan,

My requirement is to avoid the resources while importing. I will try the methods suggested by Zoltan.

Thanks

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

Davids solution is an option but there are two other options

option #1 

during the importing process select modify then under the Data Type Global change the action to Do Not Import for al of the items listed Resource Codes, Resource Code Values, Roles, Resources and Shift Names.

option #2

go to admin then to Security profiles and then to global profiles and under Privilege UNCHECK the box next to Add Resources.

exit out of P6 get back in and then import the project without this Privilege the rescources CAN NOT be imported.

If you plan on doing this a lot I would suggest that you create another user call it admin1 or something and then make sure that the add resource Privilege box is not checked under this user log in. This way you dont have to keep changing it back and forth. 

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

You should mport the project, goto "Enterprise : Resources", filter "Current Project's Resources", select all, delete,