Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manpower Histogram in MS Project

1 reply [Last post]
Sam Ka
User offline. Last seen 10 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I am a beginner user of MS project, so my query may seem a bit silly.

I would like to make a histogram to illustrate the manpower allocated to the project on a daily basis.  The video below shows a similar histogram.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MeLVrODRJw

I have tried to use “Resource Usage” to produce this histogram, but it was not good enough.

Can anyone please let me know of a better way to produce this histogram?

If I need to export the data to Excel, can you tell how I view the data to be exported (resources allocated to project on daily basis?)

Thanks in advance,

Sam 

Replies

Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 1 year 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Sam,

"resource usage" is good enough to copy and paste data from MSP into Excel and then to present it in a way you want it to be presented.

You have a flexibility to show "peak Units" or Work, whatever you need to show. If you decide to show "Work", then in Excel you will have to remove "h" at the end by using Excel Replace functionality.

Let me know if you have more questions

Regards.