Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

effort driven and resource driven

3 replies [Last post]
faisal afsar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi all

just a simple question what is ment by effort driven and resource driven how do i go about selecting a particular task as efort driven or resourrce driven

Replies

Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Alexandre,

Interesting answer, I never really considered that a task should be resource driven in such a way, but on reflection if you interpret it literally, i.e. unit availability, I suppose it could.

Using MS Project, I have always understood resource driven to mean that the duration of a task is determined by the assignments resource calendars.

As an example:

Tom only works Mon & Tue
Dick only works Wed & Thu
Harry only works Fri

This means if each resource is assigned to work 1 day on a task, the minimum duration would have to be 5d. (Unless you split it of course)

Regards,

Darren