Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP Baslines

3 replies [Last post]
andrew shubrook
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
HELP PLEASE......

Having returned to MSP after a break of 5 years I find myself a little "rusty".

I’ve produced a programme and set a baseline which shows OK on the Tracking Gant...problem is when I post progress/prog.re-schedule the baseline moves with /stays aligned to the planned bars.

I’m sure that this is a simple fix/error on my behalf but despite the normally excellent MSP Help I can’t seem to solve it.

Any suggestions.

Andy

Replies

Cherie S Blare
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Andrew

Make sure the activities are logic linked correctly, that you have no constraints, you have a critical path identified wthin the project etc.

When updating a project you must save the baseline firstly ( Save Baseline ).

Go into Tracking Gantt.

Insert Columns .... Activity Name / Baseline start / baseline finish / Actual Start / Actual Finish Per complete

Go to Tools > Tracking > Progress Lines > Input the data / progress line date.

Input the ACTUAL Start and Finish Dates against each activity. If some activities have started but are incomplete then you must put in a percentage.

The project is now being progressed.

andrew shubrook
User offline. Last seen 10 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Alexandre ,

Yes I am posting the progress in the tracking option.

Andrew