Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress line question (Bug?)

3 replies [Last post]
Ewald Langezaal
User offline. Last seen 10 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
When my project is in hours(and so is my graphic timescale), current date and status date can also be showed at every hour of a day, but I can not set the progress line in hours
the progress line will allways start between the end and beginning of two days
is this a MSP weakness?

sSecond, when a task is planned ahead of the progress line (status date)has progress MSP’s progressline shows a progress hook to the right, and that is ok, but it also showes a progress hook to the successor of this task which has not been started at all, instead of this the progress line should stay on it’s status date (no hook to the right but a vertical line) is this a bug or is there a setting that deals with this?

Replies

Marc Borburgh
User offline. Last seen 10 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Nice answer.

So we can conclude that MSP can schedule in minutes, hours, days, weeks and more, but is not able to show a progress line that’s on the exact Status Date set in the project (ie. Oct 14 16:00) ??

I find this very hard to believe. A planning package that has a minimum planning unit of minutes and can’t even set the progress line on hours. Odd.